Monday, June 11, 2007

For a small town.....

For a small town, this one sure has it's fill of assholes. I saw that on a bumper sticker today and I thought it was fitting. I've lived here for going on 8 years now ( I'm a transplant from CT ) and I have yet to see one sign of intelligent life anywhere. Mind you, this is the town where the big mucky muck head of police happens to own the biggest bar in town. The other big mucky muck police guy in charge happens to be a land baron who unimaginably gets zoning laws passed on decrepit properties that nobody else seems to be able to.

Then you have our local town hang-out called Cumberland Farms. Let me riff a bit on good old "Cumby's". Now see, I like to go there in the morning and get my coffee and go to work. I get in and get out and grunt a hi every so often to the counter people. It's always social hour there at Cumby's and the lines are backing up CONSTANTLY because they have to yap about so and so's illegitimate child and their baby's daddy or some shit. I hate Cumby's. Never have anything you really want and when you do find it you have to run a gauntlet of out of work yappers just to get out of there. 3 people behind the counter. 3 people in line and I'm gonna be late for work because of it. *sigh*. Assholes I tell you.

So anyways.... I'm driving out of town and I get pulled over. Bwoop Bwoop. Wtf.... *pulls over*. "Do you know why I stopped you,sir?" Um... no. "Well, you were speeding". Huh? I'm late but I know the speed limits here.... how fast was I going? ( This is the part where you get ready for 65 in a 15 or some unreal crap but it gets even better than that). "You were doing 32 in a 30". I uh... what? Did you just say 32 or 42? Maybe 52? "Nope... 32 in a 30. License and registration please". Officer jack off... you have GOT to be kidding me. Nope. He wasn't kidding folks. I got me a ticket for 32 in a 30. Of course I'm going to have to take the day off and fight this stupid thing now. It's the principal of the matter. I *know* I can pay the 11 dollars ( yes, 11 bucks ) and be done with it but now the insurance will go up. No talking out of it. No "hey, let me slide on this one". 32 in a 30, I shit you not. The kids here all sniff carpet fresh or whatever they do nowadays. The adults would die if you outlawed Budweiser and NASCAR. You have BIG problems here in such a small town and you have the balls to give me a ticket for 32 in a 30?!?!?!?

Like I said.... this crap happens to me regularly. Why, I do not know. I do know one thing, though. For a small town.......... well, you get the idea.

No comments: