Sunday, June 24, 2007

I love me some Taco Bell

I know, I know. It's totally not good for you in any way shape or form. God help me, though. I can't stop eating that garbage. I really don't know why. It's all relatively the same beans rice meat and tortilla folded differently or with a different sauce. I can't help myself though. I can't put my finger on it either. It's not like I'm that poor where I need to lavish in the idea of filling up on a 1.29 crappy burrito. I don't think it's exactly the "taste" of it all either. Not to mention, we all know it's not the clientele or the workers I enjoy seeing ( the people that frequent the place are making a pit stop either before or after Wal-Mart, I'm sure of it). I think it's because I told myself I can't have it anymore.

Let me elaborate that I'm trying to watch what I eat as I get older. Not that I ate anything really really bad in my younger days. It's just that I should make some sort of attempt at prolonging life instead of eating sticks of butter rolled in sugar and salt wrapped up in white bread layers. Ok, seriously I don't eat that but you get the jist of what I'm saying. I don't eat healthy and I know it. I've been trying lately to have something in the way of fruit for breakfast and a protein shake lunch and then something decent for dinner. You know, get the metabolism running at a good pace. Well, therein lays the problem. Taco Bell amazingly enough, is not a food group. I know! I'm pretty shocked about the whole thing too. Still though.... every so often I catch myself pulling in there and ordering a grande nacho cheese sauce gordita crunchwrap supreme fiesta bowl or some shit like that.

I guess I'm a comfort food sort of person. In the old days while growing up we had mom's this or that. When I was on my own and thumbing my nose at the world but doing it my way, I absolutely survived on the cheapest garbage that was available. That includes the illustrious Taco Bell, my friends. While I'm on the subject, I'm pretty pissed about not getting some of my old favorites. Let me share......

The "old" McDonald's apple pies. I'm not talking that baked powdery crap they pass off now. Oh no indeed. I'm talking that whole don't bite it as soon as you get it because it's filled with deep fried lava apple pies. They stopped making them when that dumb bitch burnt her own snatch with a cup of coffee from there ya know. I guess Ronald is protecting us from ourselves and his lawyers helped it along. We knew as kids after the first one not to go shoving the stupid thing in our mouths. They should bring it back. The same goes for a McRib, which I have NO fucking clue why it goes away for years at a clip. Stupid asshats at McD's. *shakes head*

Boo-berry cereal. I miss that stuff. Do you know if you eat a whole box in one sitting ( and I have, mind you) it turns your poop green? I'm not kidding. You only see it around Halloween but it used to be available all year round. The same goes for peanut butter Captain Crunch. If you're lucky enough to find a store that stocks it, REMEMBER it. If you store has it all the time and you don't have a clue about the conspiracy then aren't you the lucky bastard. Some places carry it off and on. Some all the time. Some not at all. No clue why that is either.

Kenny Rogers Roasted Chicken. Say what you want about that fat drunk bastard... he had some good food. I haven't seen one in years. Why they tanked I'll never know. The same with Schlotskies and their muffelatta sandwiches. I liked The Gambler's food so much that 3 hours after I had my wisdom teeth out a long time ago, I was driving to his place for a BBQ chicken sandwich. I know, ouch. Still though. His stuff was just that good. You know what we have now? Boston Market. Make me friggin GAG with their shit. I hate them.

So to wrap it all up. Fast food bad. Protein shakes and fresh veggies good for you. Will it stop me? Hell no. It shouldn't stop you either unless you eat that garbage 6 meals a day and are the size of a house. Take it all in moderation. Life's short so why not eat something you crave once in a while. Of course.... now my asshole is wanting to head for the border but that's the price ya pay I guess. :)

No comments: